An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
- Three-year Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma with major concentrations in Economics, Accounting or Finance, Internal Auditing or Risk Management. (NQF level 6/7).
- Interns will be required to sign an internship agreement, in additional to an employment contract, committing themselves to full participation in the educational and workplace assignments in accordance with laid-down policies and procedures.
- Selected interns should, by interest, aptitude, and previous achievements, demonstrate their readiness for the program’s strategic goal and objectives.
- Chosen expected to reflect, through their intellectual and professional development, an intended career path in line with the program’s strategic goals, objectives, and philosophy.
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
How to Apply
This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 24 months
Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.