Police officers are usually responsible for protecting and serving their communities. If you’re considering a career in law enforcement, you might want to take note of the documents required when submitting your application.
The South African Police Service has many opportunities available in the form of SAPS vacancies.
Requirements to become a police officer SA:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must not have a criminal record
- You must be fluent in English and at least one other official language.
The SAPS will also verify the criminal record, qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship, and residential address of each applicant.
All applicants will be subjected to a fitness, psychometric and integrity testing as well as medical evaluation and will be interviewed during the recruitment, selection, and enlistment process.
SAPS will upload any open vacancies to their website or advertise it through the relevant regional or provincial police departments.
To apply, interesting candidates will need to download an application form from the SAPS website or collect it from the nearest SAPS department.
An applicant must attach the following certified documents to their application:
- ID document
- Motor vehicle driver’s licence
- All educational qualifications obtained
- Proof of residence
- Service certificates of previous employers stating the post occupied
It is important to note that there are no fees payable when applying for SAPS vacancies.
Find out more about SAPS vacancies by visiting the SAPS official website and social media platforms.