The trainees in this role will be exposed to satellite ground station operations which include rendering Earth–Observation satellite data acquisition services to SANSA’s Earth-Observation directorate, as well as providing Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) support and satellite monitoring services to a host of international space agencies and satellite operators.
Key areas of learning will include but not limited to:
- Operate, maintain and monitor antenna systems, Radio Frequency (RF) and electronic equipment associated with satellite ground-station operations.
- Participate in TT&C operations which involves the rendering of ground segment services to SLV’s (Satellite launch vehicles) including launch, Transfer-orbit support, Launch and Early-orbit, In-orbit test operations.
- Provision of Operations and Maintenance services to SANSA-owned and customer-hosted systems, equipment and infrastructure.
- Ad-hoc project work and the opportunity to work on or add value to new or existing projects, systems and processes.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Three-year Diploma in Electronic Engineering qualification with good academic results.
- Coursework in Telecommunications, satellite communications will be an added advantage.
- Graduate in search of Internship training to gain work experience.
- A good understanding of microwave principles, applications and telecommunications.
- Proficient in English language and good communication skills
- Computer literacy and basic proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to use both hands and have good vision.
- We are in a remote area with no access to public transport, applicants need to have a valid driver’s licence and own transport or else reliable transport to and from work.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualifications, and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing may form part of the selection process. By applying for this vacancy, the candidates consent that SANSA can collect, process, and share their Personal Information (PI) for verification, assessments, and employment purposes only.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity Act. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups (African females and males, and people with disabilities ).
How to Apply
Opportunity Closing Date: Friday, 20 May, 2022 – 12:00.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, regard your application were unsuccessful. SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have previously applied for this position, your application will be included in the process