The Mangosuthu University of Technology is one of six universities of technology in South Africa. Here are the entry requirements are for MUT courses.
Each faculty has admission requirements based on points aggregate, calculated from the best five subjects presented by the prospective student. Some departments will require students to take a compulsory entrance test.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
- National Senior Certificate with a diploma pass or N3 with 50% pass in Mathematics and English
- A minimum of 5 subjects with level 4 pass for diploma study and level 3 for Access Courses
- English Home Language or First Additional Language, level 4 pass
- Specific subject combination and pass level relevant to the qualification
- Minimum points as per faculty requirement and as listed on the CAO handbook
Not all applicants who meet the minimum admission requirements will be accepted due to limited space. MUT will then prioritise the candidates who are best qualified.