Are you interested in going to the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), but are not sure what their entry requirements are? Here’s what you need to know about the entry requirements.
The University of the Witwatersrand, locally known as Wits University, is globally recognised for its research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice in Africa and beyond.
Wits University offers a variety of courses which includes undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees, diplomas, as well as a range of short courses. These courses can be done online or part-time to help accommodate the individual student’s circumstances.
Each faculty offered by Wits University has its own set of requirements students need to adhere to in order to enrol as certain courses require different subjects and personal skills.
Here are the minimum entry requirements at Wits University:
- English must be taken either as Home Language or as 1st Additional Language.
- Mathematics is compulsory for all numerate programmes in Engineering and the Built Environment, Commerce, Law and Management, and Science.
- Maths Literacy is accepted for some degrees.
- Wits does not distinguish between designated vs non-designated subjects when calculating the admission point score (APS)
- The APS calculation is based on the best seven subjects, including Life Orientation
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance, as final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.