The Department of Employment and Labour invites qualifying applicants to view and apply for their current job opportunities.
It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post with a candidate whose transfer / promotion / appointment will promote representivity in line with the numeric targets as contained in our Employment Equity plan.
REF NO: HR4/4/10/550
- Grade 10 / ABET certificate.
- Knowledge: Cleaning practices, Catering, Office practice.
- Skills: Communication, Interpersonal relations
MESSENGER: MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SERVICES
REF NO: HR4/4/10/549
- Grade 10. No experience.
- Knowledge: Departmental policies and procedures, Public Service Act, All Legislations relevant to the post
- Skills: Verbal and Written communication, Interpersonal relationship, Computer literacy, Time Management, Conflict management, Planning and Organizing.
REF NO: HR4/4/4/04/05
- Matriculation/ Grade 12/ Senior Certificate.
- Grade C Security Certificate.
- Twelve (12) months security experience.
- PSIRA Grade C.
- Knowledge: Access to Public premises and vehicles Act, Evacuation procedures, Minimum Information Security Standards, Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority Procedures, Batho Pele Principles, Public Service Regulations Act, Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Skills: Verbal and written communication, Interpersonal relations, Problem solving, Communication, Conflict management, Coordination skills, Computer Literacy
UI CLAIMS OFFICER
REF NO: HR 4/4/10/548
- Grade 12\ Senior Certificate;
- 0-6 months’ experience.
- Knowledge: Unemployment Insurance Act, Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act, Public Service Regulation, Public Service Act, Batho Pele Principles, Departmental Policies and Procedures, Customer Care.
- Skills: Communication (verbal and written), Listening, Computer Literacy, Customer Relations, Decision Making.
How to Apply
CLOSING DATE: 02 June 2023 at 16:00
Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (old Z83) will not be considered.
Each application for employment form must be fully completed, initialled and signed by the applicant (Part F must be answered and declaration must be completely signed).
Failure to fully complete, initial and sign this form may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process.
ONLY a fully completed, initialled and signed new form Z83 (Section A, B, C, D and F compulsory. Section E and G ignore if CV attached and recently updated comprehensive CV (with detailed previous experience) is required.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following the communication from Human Resources and such qualification(s) and other related document(s) will be in line with the requirements of the advert.
Foreign qualification must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) (only when shortlisted).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned instruction/ requirements, as well as applications received late will not be considered.
The Department does not accept applications via email or fax.
Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post.
A pre-entry certificate obtained from National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants.
The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:http://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/.
All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department.
Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
The successful candidate will be expected to sign an Internship performance agreement.
The Department is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
The Employment Equity Plan of the Department shall inform the employment decision.
It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s)