There might be many reasons that lead you to cancel the SASSA Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Grant. One them could be that you found a job or now have financial income that will be sustainable for you to cancel the grant. Whatever the case maybe, these are the steps you can follow to cancel your SRD Grant.
How to Cancel Your SASSA R350 Grant Application
- Go to the SASSA SRD website: srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the Cancel my Application tab.
- Click on the yellow bar which says ‘click here to cancel online’.
- Provide your ID number and mobile number, then click ‘send pin’.
- You will receive an SMS with a 6 digit One Time Pin (OTP) number.
- Client must insert the OTP number on the required field to verify pin.
- Then click ‘cancel my grant’.
- A message will pop up to ask if the applicant is sure about the cancellation of the grant.
- Click yes to continue with the cancellation or click no to discard.
If you need help during the process, all you have to do is call or whatsapp the helpline for assistance. Make sure your have your id number as well as the details used in the registration process just incase it is requested.
Once this process is complete you will no longer receive money from SASSA until you start the process again.
It is important to inform them of any change in circumstance if you are receiving the SRD grant.
If your conditions changed in a way that you no longer need or qualify for the special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant, you may cancel your application.
Applications for the special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant are only done electronically.
Once you are approved for the grant, SASSA will request for confirmation of your bank account through a secure site, this will also be done electronically.
Any applicant has the right to request confirmation that this request is from SASSA to protect themselves.
The Social Relief of Distress may be given in the form of a food parcel or a voucher to buy food. Some provinces provide this assistance in the form of cash.
Social Relief of Distress is given for a short time as it is a temporary grant. The newest cycle of the grant will only last until March 2023.
To learn more about the SRD cancellation process, please visit the SASSA website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/