If you recently matriculated but pursuing a tertiary education is not part of your future plans or perhaps you are not sure which path to pursue, then you might want to consider joining the South African Navy. Here are their requirements as well as how to apply.
With advanced operating forces of warships, submarines, patrol craft, and auxiliary vessels and over 7 000 troops, including a marine force, the South African Navy is one of the most proficient naval forces in the African region.
Thus joining their ranks can present you with a wide variety of career opportunities within the country’s naval force. Here are the requirements you must meet in order qualify to participate in their recruitment process.
- Compulsory Medical fitness (applicants will have to undergo the prescribed SANDF military health examination).
- Compulsory Psychometric tests with proof.
- Proof of criminal records by the Criminal Record Bureau for verification.
- Applications complying with the minimum requirements will be subjected to further screening.
Shortlisted candidates identified will then be invited to partake in a selection process.
Once you understand and have met the stipulated requirements, you can then follow the steps listed below to submit your application:
Download the South Africa Navy Application Form Submit The Following Documents With Your Application Form:
- A valid ID card or proof of identification
- A copy of your grade 12 certificate
- Your up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A certificate of your highest academic qualification obtained so far
- Complete the form and submit to the Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarters (Recruitment Center) Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001.
Additionally, it may be a good idea for you to download the SA Navy Career Brochure and the SA Navy Careers Information document for more information on the requirements of specific careers within the Navy.