Have you submitted a school application to the Western Cape Education Department? Check below on how you can track it and the next steps you should take.
Once the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) closes their school applications, these applications are processed and considered.
During this period, parents and guardians will want to know what’s happening with the application. Luckily for them, they can track it.
The WCED website will begin to display the outcome of the application process to inform parents as to whether their application has been successful or not.
How to Track a WCED School Application
- Go to the WCED admissions website
- Log in with your WCED login using your username and password
- Go to “Track Application Status”
- Select the name of the learner
- Under “Application Status”, it will inform the parent as to whether their application was a) Successful, b) Unsuccessful or c) Has been placed on the waiting list.
- The parent must then either “Withdraw” or “Confirm” their application
If the parent has confirmed an acceptance at a school, they should print and submit a copy of the application, as well as certified copies of the supporting documents, to the school within 7 days of confirming on the system with the school or district office if they have not already submitted hard copies to the school.
There is however a cut-off date for confirming or declining offers. Should parents miss this cut-off date, the system will automatically accept the first successful offer from a school on the system for them.