The Mangosuthu University of Technology is inviting qualified students to apply for the DHET Bursary Scheme 2023/2024.
Do you wish to study or are already studying at the Mangosuthu University of Technology and come from a family with an income of R350,000 or less? Then this is for you:
Mangosuthu University of Technology DHET Bursary Scheme are available for Bachelor in Nursing, Diploma in Nursing, Higher Certificate in Nursing, Advanced Diploma in Midwifery, and other Nursing Programmes, etc.
What Does the Bursary Cover?
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport, and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance of R15,000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences.
Who Can Qualify for DHET Bursary?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Persons with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to Apply
Follow the few steps below to Apply;
Log onto the NSFAS website – https://www.nsfas.org.za/
Submit your Applications
Make sure you meet the required documents
Then, follow the next steps till completion.
Note: Applications have officially been closed for the 2022 session, so you wait for the next session.