Home Matric Replace Lost Matric Certificate – How to Apply

Replace Lost Matric Certificate – How to Apply

This article contains information on How to apply and replace lost Matic (NSC) Certificate. This involves what you should do if you lose your Matric Certificate. It also contains the certificate recovery procedures as well as the requirements needed for this request to be granted by the Department of Basic Education.

For all certificates issued, candidates are allowed a twelve month period from the date of issue for any corrections to be effected. A change to an original certificate will not be considered unless the original certificate (not a replacement) is returned.

To change your name on your matric certificate, you must apply to the Department of Basic Education (DBE) or Provincial Education Department (PED) by completing the Re-issues application form.

Replacement of Lost Matric Certificate Application Requirements

The documents required for this service include:

  • Certified copies of the candidate’s old and new Identity Documents
  • A detailed sworn statement (affidavit) by the candidate.
  • A letter from the Department of Home Affairs confirming that it has, on behalf of the person in question, acted in terms of Section 27(A) of the Births and Death Registration Act, 1992, and that it has altered the sex description (and the names) of that person
  • Application form obtainable from the DBE/PED.

Replacement of Lost Matric Certificate Application Procedure – How to Apply

  • Pay the prescribed fee by postal order at the Post Office, cash at DBE/PED office or by cheque.
  • Go to the nearest DBE/PED offices with the following documents:
    • Identity document (ID) and a certified copy of your ID
    • an affidavit stating the reasons for alteration (detailed one)
    • confirmation letter from the Department of Home Affairs
    • Birth certificate. If you don’t have a birth certificate you must bring a clinic card, baptismal certificate, or school report that states your name and date of birth.
  • Alternatively you can download the form, Application for Change/Correction of Personal Particulars, fill it and post it with the attached documents, including the postal order or cheque, to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001.
Therefore if You Have Any Difficulties, Kindly Drop Us a Comment on Our Comment Box Below. We Will Get Back to You Within 24-48 Hrs.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here