Are you interested in a career as a teacher of mathematics / physical or life science, natural science and isi zulu/se sotho
If yes, the Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, an initiative of the Thandulwazi Trust and St Stithian Colle\ge is offering a prospective teacher the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or a PGCE through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College. This position will be appointed from January 2023.
- Location: South Africa
- Closing Date: 31 May 2022
- Company: St Stithian College Thandulwazi Teachers
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
- Passionate about a career in teaching by studying a part-time towards 4-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or PGCE in Intermediate Phase (B.Ed.) Senior/FET Phase Maths and Science.
- Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Maths and Science.
- South African citizens.Benefits you will receive:
- Mentoring by an experience educator.
Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an IEB school environment
In addition, you would qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on your financial needs analysis:
- Payment of tuition fees and a textbook allowance.
- Daily meal allowance.
- Workshop/ conference allowance
- A monthly stipend.
- South African
- Applicants must not be over the age of 30 years for B.ED and 32 years for PGCE.
- Current Matric students must have a minimum of 60% in the following subjects; English, Mathematics, Sciences, IsiZulu, SeSotho and Accounting.
- All matriculants must have achieved a Bachelor pass, a minimum of 60% in English and Mathematics as well as any other of the above mentioned subject.
- Tertiary students already studying a B.ED/PGCE must have passed all their modules to date and not owing the institution they are registered at.
- Candidates that have already applied must have an active application status.
All applicants must attach the following documents:
- Final grade 11 results, for students currently in matric
- Matric certificate
- Proof of University application/registration
- University financial statement
- Academic record/transcript
- Testimonial letter (from teacher/religious leader/community leader etc)
- Motivational letter