Taiwan Ministry of Education (MOE) is offering twenty scholarships to African lecturers (doctoral studies are prioritized) who are interested in pursuing master’s or doctoral studies in Taiwan beginning in the 2023 academic year.
The Taiwan MOE has established this scholarship programme in order to help Africa cultivate high-level professionals and to raise the scope of academic exchange.
- Master’s and PhD
- 20 March 2023
Fields of study
Various fields of study are on offer.
Visit participating Taiwanese universities websites for English-taught study programmes.
- Must be employed as lecturers in public or private universities or colleges in African countries.
Documents and links
Africa Elite Scholarship Programme at Tamkang University
For enquiries on the scholarship, contact Ms. AC Chu via email at email@example.com.
Conditions of Bursary
The following are NOT eligible to apply:
- A Taiwanese national or an overseas Taiwanese student;
- A person who is enrolled in or has been admitted to a university in Taiwan. (This restriction does not apply to students who are anticipated to graduate and continue their studies; they must be a lecturer from an African country.)
- A person who has already studied in Taiwan for a degree at the same level as the one in which they intend to enroll;
- Are exchange students or dual-degree students through a partnership agreement with an institution overseas;
- A person who has held an Africa Elite Scholarship Programme Scholarship for over three years;
- A person who has received any other scholarship or subsidy from any education institution in Taiwan.
- The scholarship offers a monthly allowance of NT$25,000 (R13, 247.09), which covers tuition and miscellaneous expenses (such as thesis supervision, insurance, accommodations, internet use and living allowance)
How to Apply
- Send your curriculum vitae, lecturer certificate, transcripts, study plan, and other supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 20, 2023.
- Following your notification that you have been selected as a scholarship recipient, you must apply for admission using the TKU online system for international students.
Note: Please refer the admission handbook and prepare the documents. TKU will inform you of starting your online application when you are selected as the scholarship awardee.