This article contains information on how to gain access to the University of Pretoria (UP) blackboard Portal also known as E-Learning Management System (LMS).
The University of Pretoria (UP) seeks to improve learning processes for its student. Therefore, it is pleased to announce the adoption of a Learning Management System (LMS), that would make it easy for students to attend classes online, get lecture notes and submit assignments anywhere and anytime.
How to Access and Enrol for The up Blackboard + Learn Portal System.
The following is a guide on how to enrol for the UP Blackboard System.
- Open your internet browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Go to UP Blackboard Portal
- Select Log in
- Once logged in, scroll down the page to Course Categories. Select your School
- Select your course or check for your course in your department.
- You will then see the content for your course.
BlackBoard (Bb) Student App
With Bb Student, you can:
- View course content and participate in your courses on your mobile device.
- Stay on task with push notifications, a due date list, and activity stream updates.
- Take assignments, tests, and quizzes and review your submissions.
- View your course grades as well as individual test and assignment grades.
- Participate in discussions.
- Collaborate with your class through video conferencing.
- Attach assignment files from cloud storage.
How to Install the Black Board Student App
- Select the applicable app store for your mobile device
2. Install the app
3. Search for your school: clickUP
4. Login with your portal/ClickUP credentials : u+number on your student card and your portal password
In cases where students do not have access to any device or data, other options are being explored, including the possibility of using the South African Post Office to deliver paper-based material to students. Additional support will be made available for students when contact teaching resumes, and particularly for students who will have had difficulty in transitioning to online learning. It may be necessary for face-to-face lectures to be extended through the September and December vacation breaks and for some cohorts, to extend the academic programme into 2021.
Students who have queries related to the academic programme should contact their respective schools. Students who do not have access to adequate mobile computing devices and cannot secure them elsewhere should contact their Faculty representatives.