The Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) is one of six universities of technology in South Africa. It is situated in the eThekwini metropole in KwaZulu-Natal with approximately 13 000 students. If you have an interest in studying towards any of the qualifications that it offers you’ll be required to submit an application.
Prospective students have the option of making applications online or submitting application forms that are available to be collected from the university.
MUT online applications are done through the Central Applications Office (CAO) for first-time admission to Universities in KwaZulu-Natal.
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the CAO website. To apply online follow these steps:
- You may also apply online by going to www.cao.ac.za
- Click on the apply tab
- Click on apply now, and follow the application process.
- The CAO number appears in the tear-off slip on the CAO application form.
- Use your unique CAO number as a reference when paying the application fee.
If you have made your application on time, as a South African citizen you will pay R250, whilst international applicants will pay R300 for their application fee.
With CAO applications, when you pay R250 for South Africans citizens and R300 for international applicants, it will cover all the applications done for all Universities in the province, using CAO.
SOUTH AFRICAN APPLICANTS
- National Senior Certificate or Statement of Results
- Senior Certificate
- Identity Document
- Students transferring from other universities should submit an original academic record and a certificate of good conduct
NON-SOUTH AFRICAN APPLICANTS
- A valid study permit
- A valid medical aid/health insurance cover
- A valid passport
- GCE, GCSE, IGCSE or Cambridge School Certificate
- Students holding a GCE GCSE IGCSE or the Cambridge School Certificate must have passed five approved ordinary level subjects including the English language provided three subjects have been passed at the same examination sitting.
Should you want to submit a form for your application, forms are available online on the CAO website. The required supporting documents listed above, should also be attached when submitting your application.