Unisa is a university that makes use of distance learning. Here’s how to register online at this university.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) makes use of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) which allows students to pursue their degrees, diplomas and certificates by using online resources and study materials provided by Unisa themself.
If you are a prospective student and have received an offer of placement from Unisa and have accepted the offer online then you may register online to study through Unisa in 2023. Re-registering students can register for the 2023 academic year during the relevant registration period once they have received their registration details from Unisa.
Registration opened on 9 January, so be sure to be ready.
There are different options for registrations at Unisa however the university claims that registering online is quick, simple and accurate.
The following steps demonstrate how to register online:
- Go to the Unisa registration website: https://registration.unisa.ac.za/info/
- Choose the qualification level and then click “Go“.
- Enter your student number in the block provided and the other details as required. (If you do not have a student number you won’t be able to continue. You’ll need to apply online for admission. During this process, a student number will be generated and communicated to you.)
- Check your personal details on screen.
- Change any contact details that are incorrect or missing. (Incorrect information may delay the delivery of your study material and prevent you from receiving important information from the university. Therefore it is important to provide your correct address and cellphone numbers.)
- Click on the modules from the drop-down list for which you want to register. Ensure that you meet all the qualification requirements for your selected modules. You must:
- meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module
- enter the correct module code
- select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
- The language of tuition for each module is stated in the module information.
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as this may result in a delay in your registration being processed.
- Unisa retains the right to remove modules based on the number of credits allowed per semester and in accordance with the fees paid. (Please take note of the maximum period of time you have to complete your qualification.)
- Calculate your fees
- You can use the fee quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote) to obtain a quote for the cost of all your modules.
- Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration. If these fees are more than you can afford, remove modules until you can afford the fees.
- You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a First National Bank branch. Hold onto the proof of payment in case of enquiries.
- Note that faxed and e-mailed registration forms are no longer accepted.
- Submit your registration.