Sol Plaatje University, SPU Academic Record means a transcript, diploma, or grade report. An academic Record means an official document showing the marks/grades obtained by the applicant and where it is the norm, the final grade/classification.
How to Request Academic Records at SPU
You can request your academic record via the school registrar, here is what to do.
Requests for Access to Records Held by The University Must Be Addressed to The Information Officer by Completing Request Form A, Which Can Be Found:
- Attached hereto is Annexure A;
- Available on the website of SPU
- Available from the Registrar’s Office, Luka Jantjie House, Chapel Street, Kimberley, 8300.
- Available to be downloaded from the SAHRC website.
When a Record Is Requested, the Following Will Apply:
- Request Form A must be completed.
- On the Request Form, all details must be completed, including the right that the requester wishes to protect by requesting the information.
- If the Requester is acting on behalf of someone else (e.g. an attorney acting on behalf of a client), the signature of the other person (i.e. the client) must appear on the form and the University will have the right to verify that the person on whose behalf the request is being made did indeed authorise such request.
- The Requester must state in which form (inspection of copy, paper copy, electronic copy, transcript, etc) he/she wishes to access the information.
- If the record is part of another record, the Requester will only be granted access to that part of the record that pertains to the information s/he wants or is entitled to, and not the rest of the record.
- Fees may be payable. These fees are prescribed by law and can change from time to time. The list of fees is detailed in Paragraph 10 below.
The SAHRC contact details.