SAPS Police Trainee Intake Now Open for 2023 Application | SAPS intake Application Form is out. Apply now before the SAPS intake closing date.
The Management of South Africa Police Service (SAPS) announces the Recruitment of qualified Applicants for 2023/2024 intake.
SAPS Recruitment Application Form 2023/2024 Intake
- Go to /saps-vacancies
- Check the available positions under the necessary subheading
- Process your application for 2023 intake via the form on the page
you may see also: www.saps.gov.za
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM HERE
Basic Police Development Learning Programme
Police recruits undergo a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP) when they enlist in the South African Police Service.
Upon recruitment, a Memorandum of Agreement is entered into between the South African Police Service and the police recruit for a contract period of 24 months. During this period, the recruit will be a police trainee and will undergo the Basic Police Development Learning Programme.
The purpose of the Basic Police Development Learning Programme is to enable newly-appointed police officials to –
- use a series of legal and policing skills to protect and serve members of communities in accordance with the Constitution of South Africa
- provide a more effective service that will improve community satisfaction and position them to fulfil their mission of creating a safe and secure environment for all who live in South Africa.
The course is presented at the accredited SAPS academies earmarked to present the Basic Police Development Learning Programme. The SAPS have the following academies:
|SAPS ACADEMY ALL SAINTS||EASTERN CAPE|
|SAPS ACADEMY BHISHO||EASTERN CAPE|
|SAPS ACADEMY GRAAFF – REINET||EASTERN CAPE|
|SAPS ACADEMY MTHATHA||EASTERN CAPE|
|SAPS ACADEMY CHATSWORTH||KWAZULU-NATAL|
|SAPS ACADEMY ULUNDI||KWAZULU-NATAL|
|SAPS ACADEMY TSHWANE||GAUTENG|
|SAPS ACADEMY BISHOP LAVIS||WESTERN CAPE|
|SAPS ACADEMY OUDTSHOORN||WESTERN CAPE|
|SAPS ACADEMY PHILIPPI||WESTERN CAPE|
STRUCTURE OF THE BPDLP
The duration of the Learning Programme will be 24 months, of which 12 months will be at the Academy and 12 months in the workplace. It will consist of two phases at the academy and one phase in the workplace.
- Phase One: Academy (10 months)
- Foundational phase – will mainly focus on acquiring necessary knowledge and skills.
- Practical application of knowledge and skills
- Phase Two: Workplace experience (12 months)
- Workplace exposure at a station
- Phase Three: Academy (2 months)
- Integrated assessments
When police trainees complete the training and are found competent, they are permanently enlisted in the South African Police Service as constables.
Payment and benefits during the first 24 months
A police trainee will receive the following payment and benefits during the first 24 months:
Phase 1: 10 months at the SAPS Academy
R3 175,00 per month
Free meals and accommodation
Polmed medical aid – lower plan membership, no pension fund
Phase 2 and 3: 12 months in the workplace at a station and two months integrated assessment at the Academy
R 7 275,00 per month
Own meals and accommodation
Polmed medical aid – lower or higher plan membership, pension fund and all other benefits (Leave, allowances, etc)
Permanent appointment after 24 months:
R 10 307,00 per month
All benefits applicable to SAPS Act members